The USNS Comfort, center, conducts an underway replenishment with the USNS William McLean, left, and the USNS Supply in the Atlantic Ocean, Oct. 1, 2017, while en route to Puerto Rico to assist with Hurricane Maria relief efforts. U.S. Navy photo by Petty Officer 1st Class Ernest R. Scott
From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your SITREP for Tuesday, October 3, 2017.
- The Defense Department continues to deploy more response capacity to Puerto Rico to support the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s need for a commodities distribution network in the days since Hurricane Maria devastated the island.
- Approximately 250 doctors, nurses, corpsmen and support personnel from across Navy Medicine East are nearing Puerto Rico aboard the hospital ship, USNS Comfort.
- The Coast Guard traces the evolution of its search and rescue mission efforts.
- Marines from MAWTS-1 conducted and organized a digitally-aided close air support fire mission using Target Handoff System tablets recently. It’s the first time these systems have been integrated and fielded for a Marine Corps exercise.
- Social media can be an effective tool in recognizing early signs of suicide dangers, says Air Force psychologist.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.