Sgt. 1st Class Sean Acosta, the NCO in charge of an Army civil affairs team attached to Task Force Toccoa, interacts with students after his team passed out school supplies at a primary school in northern Cameroon, April 21, 2017. Soldiers traveling in local communities there are required to wear civilian clothes as a force-protection measure. (Photo Credit: Sean Kimmons)
From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your SITREP for Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
- Soldiers are using education as a weapon to deter terrorism in Cameroon.
- The USS Nimitz Carrier Strike Group 11 successfully completed its final pre-deployment assessment, marking the completion of its condensed Inter-Deployment Training Cycle for an upcoming deployment.
- More than 400 firefighting aircrew members from four different C-130 Hercules military units participated in a five-day Modular Airborne Fire Fighting System annual training sponsored by the U.S. Forest Service.
- Watch this video of U.S. and Republic of Korea forces participating in Combined Joint Logistics Over the Shore (CJLOTS) during Operation Pacific Reach in Pohang, Republic of Korea.
- Coast Guard Maritime Safety and Security Teams Kings Bay, Georgia, and Miami participated in the Air Force’s 2017 Operation Patriot Sands to practice cooperative transport of vital equipment using Air Force planes.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.