From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your Daily SITREP for Wednesday, July 20, 2016.
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter plans to hold a news conference at 1:45 p.m. EDT after meeting with defense ministers and senior leaders from the counter-ISIL coalition and NATO. You can watch it live here.
- Here’s some cool video of how coalition troops are applying new skills to their own training during a helicopter-borne raid involving U.S., Australian and Indonesian troops during the RIMPAC 2016 exercise in Hawaii.
- What if you could cut down the time it takes to find and fix a software flaw that hackers use to break into computers from about a year to a few seconds? It might be possible, and DARPA plans to test out years of research on the subject during the upcoming Cyber Grand Challenge.
- CNO Adm. John Richardson is currently visiting Beijing to talk with Chinese commanders about how important it is to maintain lawful and safe operations in the South China Sea.
- Have you ever wondered what a day would be like in the life of someone trained in Air Force Special Operations? You can find that out in this cool informative video.
- Did you ever think identifying mosquito breeding sites and then catching and testing the bugs would be part of an Army career? It is for several soldiers whose job it is to monitor for mosquito-borne diseases, like Zika.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.