From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your Daily SITREP for Monday, July 11, 2016:
- According to Forbes, guess what Academy is the top ranked among public colleges? If you guessed United States Military Academy, you win!
- Dr. Reginald O’Hara and his exercise physiology research team at the U.S. Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine are working to reduce heat stress, which is a major threat airmen face on the battlefield.
- U.S. and Dutch soldiers recently met at White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico, for a joint coalition emergency readiness deployment exercise.
- Marines with Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron (VMM) 164 “Knightriders” supported initial fast-rope training with scout snipers of 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton.
- Failure is not an option for the nation’s premiere chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-explosives response force.
- The USS Pearl Harbor (LSD 52) departed her home port of Naval Base San Diego July 7 for the biennial Rim of the Pacific 2016 exercise.
- President Barack Obama spoke to more than 2,000 American and Spanish service members and their families during a visit to Naval Station Rota.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.