The 2016 Warrior Games are fast approaching and this year could be the best yet. With that in mind, the Defense Department wants to get YOU involved. “How,” you ask? The Department of Defense is asking you to submit designs for new medals by Jan. 18, 2016.
You may submit your medal design from Jan. 4-18. The DoD Warrior Games Committee will select the final three medals to be placed on the DoD Warrior Games Facebook page for voting from Feb. 1-5. Voting will end by midnight EST on Feb. 5. The most popular medal and the designer of the medal, determined by number of “likes,” will be announced on the DoD Warrior Games Facebook page on Feb. 10.
Design your medal in accordance with the guidelines below:
1. Athlete medals should be in good taste and reflect good sportsmanship.
2. The 2016 DoD Warrior Games will take place at the United States Military Academy, West Point, NY in June 2016.
3. Please include the wording “2016 Department of Defense Warrior Games” and a reference to West Point in the design (please refrain from using the exact West Point Athletic logo). The 2016 DoD Warrior Games Logo may be incorporated in the medal design (depicted above).
4. Medals can be designed with a front and back (please submit both together).
5. Organizations or individuals may submit more than one medal design.
6. All submissions must be received by midnight EST Jan. 18, 2016.
7. File size should not exceed 5MB.
8. Direct any questions regarding this contest to DoDWGPublicAffairs@mail.mil.
In addition to helping design the medals, you can also help by voting for the winner.
You can help select the winning medal design by following the instructions below:
1. VOTE! Medal design images will be posted as photos in an album on the DoD Warrior Games Facebook page on Feb. 1, 2016. The DoD Warrior Games Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/WarriorGames.
2. Cast your vote by clicking the “like” button on your favorite medal design within the album.
We look forward to a spirited challenge leading up to the 2016 DoD Warrior Games in support of our wounded, ill and injured service members and Veterans from the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and SOCOM.
You may submit an electronic copy of your medal design to DoDWGPublicAffairs@mail.mil by 18 January 2016.
For the official release, click here.