By U.S. Navy Lt. Tiffani Walker and Ian Phillips, Defense Media Activity
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of those impacted by the events in Colorado and we hope for the continued safety for all emergency response personnel involved.
-George Little, Pentagon Press Secretary
Department of Defense and National Guard personnel are assisting FEMA and Colorado’s emergency management officials as part of the flood relief efforts in the state. Take a look at what they’ve been helping with:
A few important stats from the rescue and relief efforts (as of Sept. 17):
- 10,000: sandbags in Jefferson County filled by Colorado National Guardsmen
- 3,054: people displaced by Colorado flooding have been evacuated by military
- 2,378: cumulative number of military aerial evacuations (62 of them by hoist)
- 856: animals evacuated by air
- 200: approximate number of military vehicles being used to support
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD website.