Afghan Border Police with 4th Tolai, 2nd Kandak, and U.S. Marines with Weapons Company, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, board a CH-53D Sea Stallion helicopter near Combat Outpost Torbert here before the start of Operation Shahem Tofan (Eagle Storm), Feb. 10, 2012. After deploying to Helmand province’s Garmsir district in November 2011, Cpl. Reece Lodder, a combat correspondent with 3rd Bn., 3rd Marines, witnessed positive progress in Garmsir that has largely been ignored by mainstream media. He chronicled the work of Marines and sailors developing and advising Afghan forces taking the lead in strengthening security in Garmsir. U.S. Marine Corps Photographer Cpl. Reece Lodder (DVIDS)
- William Gehrkens on DoD 101: Drugs, Thugs and the Coast Guard
- Nsuka Fuma Mike on Back-to-School Tools for Military Families
- Ema Georgescu on Why Aren’t You Sleeping Well, And How Do You Fix It?
- William Gehrkens on Teen Techie, MLB Pitcher Get to the Root of Cyberbullying
- Jerzy Makarczyk on Enola Gay’s Legacy Lives on 70 Years After Hiroshima