Osama Bin Laden is Dead

“I can report to the American People and to the world, the United States has conducted an operation that has killed Osama bin Laden.” ~President Barack Obama

Just months before the 10th anniversary of the single most deadly terrorist attack on American soil on September 11th, 2001, the self-proclaimed mastermind of those attacks was killed by U.S. forces.

President Barack Obama announced Sunday, May 1st, 2011 at 11:34pm EST that the infamous terrorist Osama Bin Laden is dead. He was killed in a compound outside of  Islamabad, Pakistan in a city called Abbottabad.  He was killed by U.S. military forces on May 1st, 2011 in a firefight, and those forces took possession of the body. No civilians were harmed in this attack.

“The death of bin Laden marks the most significant achievement to date in our fight against al Qaeda…his demise should be welcomed by all who believe in peace and human dignity.” The President said in his official announcement. “Tonight we are once again reminded that America can do anything we set our mind to.”

The President said in his official address to the nation that this is a historic day for America, and a victory in the war against terrorism.

This entry was posted in DoD News and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Osama Bin Laden is Dead

1. America says:

Navy SEALS. Pride and Joy.

2. PD says:

ANYONE KNOW WHAT NEIGHBORHOOD BIN LADENS MANSION IN ABBOTTABAD, PAKISTAN WAS?

3. Anonymous says:

Thank you US military!

4. Tonight as I lay to rest in my bed
    I thank the Lord that Osama is dead
    and for all those looking down from Heaven
    Because of Osama and 09/11
    Smiling down on us all from above
    for our persistence,resilience and love
    We finally got, him for what he has done
    and showed him why the USA is #1
    It took so long and so many years
    and now there are smiles where there has been tears
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

5. Eugenevaux says:

It is my sincere hope that every leader in America, every citizen of The United States, and every friend of freedom in the world will take this opportunity to use this great victory as an opportunity to galvanize the people of the world into one people who, though we abhorr war and death, we affirm our resolve to defend our way of life against any threat.

• Usnavmag71 says:

I am of a like mind, it is not merely a time to celebrate and revel in our victory, it is merely a time to breath a little bit easier, and give accolades to the men who executed this particular mission. There will probably be ramifications to this event that we need to prepare and brace for. I pray that this was merely the head of a snake, and not a hydra.

6. Yme1992@live.com says:

we thank god for the killing america most wanted

7. This is very good news it’s been a long time coming, my thoughts are with those who he and his kind have murdered and injured. Terror will not win!!!!!!

8. Michael Bilodeau says:

Go Navy! Go Navy Seals, God bless the USA

9. Sandy Clyburn says:

THANK YOU TO ALL Military Personnel! The Fact that you go to war and leave your families so I may have the FREEDOM to write and say whatever I want is Awesome! Being an ex- Navy wife I know how much it hurts for you to be away from home ( I don’t know how it feels during war time), keep in mind your wives/ husbands are keeping up the good work until you get home! Then your job as Daddy/Mommy, Husband/Wife and maintenance man (Lol) will begin all over again! I try to say Thank You to the service members I come across, I start to cry when I say “Hi”, it is much easier for me to say THANK YOU in writing! I know none of you personally however, I LOVE YOU ALL! God speed to your coming home! Sandy

10. we thank all men who carried out the op-ration. we ask our selves who is next in his line

11. Misael Guillen98 says:

thts good now our troops can come home now

12. Bmc 1972 says:

Mission accomplished. God bless the U.S.A. and the brave men and women who sacrificed to accomplish this monumental task.

13. Donna Young-Kientzler says:

Go USA!!!!!!! FLY ARMY!!!!!!!!!

14. Quilty-Q says:

This is a wonderful time in American history, and THANK YOU to all those who fight and fought to protect our American Way. Hopefully the troops will be brought home soon. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!