Master Sgt. Eric Circuns waves in a forklift while standing in the rear of a C-130 Hercules, during the evening hours of Oct. 1, 2017. The Puerto Rico Air National Guard is working wih multiple agencies as part of the relief effort for Hurricane Maria, which hit Puerto Rico on Sept. 20. U.S. Air National Guard photo by Tech. Sgt. Dan Heaton
From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your SITREP for Thursday, October 5, 2017.
- U.S. and NATO allies showcase fighting capabilities during exercise Bayonet Shield.
- More than 2,000 service members, civilians and families lined the streets of Fleet Activities Yokosuka to show support for their fallen shipmates on USS John S. McCain.
- Air Forces Northern air mobility planners surpassed 1,500 flights in support of hurricane relief efforts.
- Second Lt. Mariah A. Klenke graduated from Assault Amphibian Officer Course and is the first female Marine Corps officer to earn the military occupational specialty of 1803, Assault Amphibian Officer.
- Military Health System reminds women to put themselves first and make time for their health.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.