Infrared satellite imagery shows powerful storms in Hurricane Irma’s path. Image via NASA
From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your SITREP for Thursday, September 7, 2017.
- Army National Guard troops prepare for action as Hurricane Irma slams Caribbean, threatens Florida.
- Navy installations throughout Florida are preparing for heavy weather as Hurricane Irma approaches South Florida.
- Civil Air Patrol links 300 stranded people to needed help following Hurricane Harvey.
- U.S. Marines came together in wake of Hurricane Harvey to conduct search and rescue missions and provide disaster relief to affected areas of Texas and Louisiana.
- The governor of Puerto Rico has declared a State of Emergency for all counties due to Hurricane Irma. Emergency refill procedures are in place from September 5, 2017 through September 15, 2017. TRICARE has the details.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.