Vickie Bolling (bottom right), with her brothers Fred (top right) and Eric and mother, Winnie, who was a Coast Guard SPAR during WWII, pose for a picture before the family drove across Lake Ponchartrain in Louisiana in 1962. (Photo courtesy of the Mann family)
From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your SITREP for Thursday, April 20, 2017.
- Guardsmen train to identify chemical, biological, and radiological agents and advise first responders on how to deal with these materials.
- Faculty members from Yale University’s School of Medicine, School of Public Health, and U.S. Naval War College’s Civilian-Military Humanitarian Response Program conducted the first-ever “Consequences of Disease Outbreak” simulation.
- Marines travel to Cuba to visit the Spanish American War battle site and walk in the footsteps of two men who earned the Medal of Honor.
- Children of Coast Guard members share their reflections during this Month of the Military Child.
- The Department of Defense, Air Force and Sexual Assault Prevention Response teams are working to make male survivors more comfortable to report sexual assault.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.