The crew of Coast Guard Cutter John McCormick stands proud facing the crowd of the commissioning ceremony at Coast Guard Base Ketchikan, Alaska, April 12, 2017. (U.S. Coast Guard photo by Petty Officer 1st Class Jon-Paul Rios)
From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your SITREP for Thursday, April 13, 2017.
- The Coast Guard’s newest fast response cutter, Coast Guard Cutter John F. McCormick, has officially entered the fleet.
- Throughout her many years of military service, this soldier has saved many lives with her experience in trauma response and critical care.
- Air Force training helped one woman spot a potentially suicidal person on social media.
- Carrier Strike Group (CSG) 11 is undergoing their final pre-deployment assessment for an upcoming deployment slated for this year.
- Marines test candidates to send to the Scout Sniper Basic Course.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.