Pfc. Travis Cooper of the Alaska National Guard starts the 12.5-k pursuit race during the 2017 U.S. Army National Guard Biathlon Championships held at Camp Ethan Allen, Vt., March 6, 2017. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Jose A. Torres Jr.)
From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your SITREP for Tuesday, April 11, 2017.
- Guardsman chases his Olympic dream on the ski slopes.
- The Carl Vinson Strike Group, including Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson, embarked Carrier Air Wing 2, Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyers USS Wayne E. Meyer and USS Michael Murphy, and Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser USS Lake Champlain, will operate in the Western Pacific rather than executing previously planned port visits to Australia.
- Airman awarded the nation’s third highest valor medal for his role in liberating Kunduz City, Afghanistan from the Taliban.
- Get an inside look at becoming an infantry Marine and hear from the Corps’ first female Marine with an infantry contract, Pfc. Maria Daume.
- New eyeglasses may help warfighters get the sleep they need.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.