A visitor observes the World War I exhibit located at the Welcome Center at Arlington National Cemetery, Va., Mar. 31, 2017. The cemetery held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the exhibit earlier that morning. (Photo by U.S. Army Sgt. Jose A. Torres Jr.)
From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your SITREP for Thursday, April 6, 2017.
- Just in time for today’s World War I centennial, Arlington National Cemetery opened a WWI exhibit.
- Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard cyber and information warfare command leaders discuss the state of cyber operations across the sea services.
- U.S. Strategic Command entered into an agreement with the Norwegian Ministry of Defense and Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries to share space situational awareness services and information.
- Military hospitals and clinics are getting some help in the fight against childhood obesity with the “5210 Healthy Military Children” campaign.
- U.S. and Republic of Korea Marines participated in an exercise to maintain the highest level of readiness through realistic training.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.