Dylin Musgrove, son of Maj. Jason Musgrove, assigned to the Cyber Protection Brigade, and Cat Musgrove, of Grovetown, Ga., made debuted on Food Network’s Season 3 of Kids Baking Championship. The show was the first of 10 episodes to be aired this season. (Photo Credit: Courtesy of Food Network)
From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your SITREP for Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2017.
- The U.S. Navy accepted its 50th P-8A Poseidon (P-8A) aircraft at the Naval Air Station (NAS) Jacksonville, Fla. The Poseidon replaces the legacy P-3 Orion and will improve an operator’s ability to efficiently conduct anti-submarine warfare and more.
- One Army child’s passion for baking landed him a spot on a popular television network and a chance at winning $25,000.
- An airman started his day with a fishing trip, then ended it coming to the rescue of a motorcyclist who’d been hit by a car.
- Four Marines traveling in Japan on New Year’s Eve answered the call for help when a family’s van fell from a parking garage.
- Boy Scouts are learning more about science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) with the help of the Coast Guard Academy.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.