From the military services and around the DoD, here’s your Daily SITREP for Monday, July 18, 2016:
- In what has become an honor long overdue, retired Lt. Col. Charles Kettles will be presented the Medal of Honor today at a ceremony at the White House.
- Filed under “technology lovers,” the Army will begin a hybrid cloud pilot program at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, in September.
- U.S. forces displayed air technology and military might at the Farnborough International Airshow last week.
- Your latest Corps Report.
- This year’s RIMPAC 2016 is the largest of the biennial exercise to date, which is why good leadership is paramount to its success.
- Speaking of RIMPAC, Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John M. Richardson visited the amphibious assault ship USS America to meet with sailors and Marines.
Disclaimer: The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense of this website or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DOD website.